Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Green fairy

I have been alcohol free for two whole days now. This self-inflicted mission must last for approximately the next 18 days, 12 hours and 20 minutes ...

(It has been a sobering experience.)

Preoccupied by my impending predicament, and intent on consuming as much beer as was humanly possible in a night, I was party to the purchase of a bottle of absinthe the afternoon before.

Having sampled it as thoroughly as the taste would permit, I had come to the rather drunken conclusion that despite being strong, it was a foul substance that ought not to be encouraged. All in all, a waste of precious drinking time.

It has been two long days, during which I have gazed wistfully at wine bottles, sighed over corner pubs and almost jumped headfirst into a bottle of beer R was holding some metres away.

The thought of refusing any beer, cider or wine that came to make my acquaintance is driving me to the drink.

And the green fairy sits on my wall.

It'd be medicinal...

No comments:

Post a Comment